Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compiler
I've got a project running under Safety Integrity Level 3 (MISRA).
I do have a static checker tool to enforce the rules put forth by the MISRA-C:2004, but I still do have to validate my compiler against MISRA, don't I?

What is the meaning of the following sentences found in the document?

\"The validation test [...] for compilers could consist of known good code from previous application. [...] It should be noted that validation testing of the compiler must be performed for the same set of compiler options, linker options and source library versions used when compiling the product code.\"
\"When choosing a compiler (which should be understood to include the linker), an ISO C compliant compiler should be used whenever possible. Where the use of the language is reliant on an \"implementation-defined\" feature (as identified in Annex G.3 of the ISO standard) then the developer must benchmark the compiler to establish that the implementation is as documented by the compiler writer.\"

And furthermore the next two rules: 6.1.1, 6.1.2

So if you know how to validate the compilation process of a compiler, or you know any compiler that is said to be MISRA compliant, please send response.

Messages In This Thread