Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any upcoming releases for MISRA C++ ?
Hi,

As far as I know the latest guideline for C++ is MISRA C++ 2008. According to the current Cpp conferences and its talks about modern C++, the increasing use of embedded linux and during some research C++11 / C++14 both provide many techniques that could be useful for embedded programming of safety critical systems. Please correct me if I'm wrong. To name a few features there are std::array, range-loops, constexpr, static_assert, enum class.

Are there any upcoming MISRA C++ guidelines planned in the near future covering those (C++11, …) standards ?

Thanks Daniel
<t></t>
Hi,

i also would like an official statement about how to deal with C++11 and C++14 (C++17 on the horizon).
Are we supposed to force the compiler into C++03 mode to be MISRA-compliant, thus limiting ourselves to use only C++03 features?
Thanks in advance.
<t></t>
Hi,
Just want to second the original question. Do you plan to announce any documentation regarding C++ 11 (14) ? Looks like existed C++ 2008 MISRA Compliance document is somewhat out-dated now.
Thank you in advance.
<t></t>
The group are currently working on an updated document to cover C++14 and are currently planning to publish towards the end of 2018.

New members are welcome if anyone would like to influence the final document.
Posted by and on behalf of
the MISRA C++ Working Group
Could I ask if there are any updates to the progress of the release of a new MISRA C++ standard?

Are there any preview documents available, to allow any potential early feedback?
<t></t>
Its being worked on at the moment, to include C++17 (so by default C++14 & C++11) sine die.

A draft for public comment will be made available before publication
Posted by and on behalf of
the MISRA C++ Working Group